After the ESOP – Ownership Culture
The Plan has been implemented, a feat in itself, and now has to be maintained and supported to keep achieving its goals and establish an ownership culture. ESOPlus® is designed to provide detailed tools and resources to support after the ESOP and improve activities that establish an ownership culture and drive Plan success such as engaging employees and establishing participative practices. It is ideal for Plans that are meant to be ongoing, drive higher engagement from employees, attract new talent, retain team members, and support succession planning.
ESOP companies that have established an ownership culture through participation and engagement are more likely to see positive results.
What’s included after ESOP implementation?
- An engagement measurement tool (CORE4ESOP) to help you track and analyze Plan performance and ensure it is meeting its goals.
- Templates and guides that are detailed, clear, engaging, and customizable to help integrate your Plan into other company strategies such as attracting and retaining employees.
- A workbook with templates for you to establish your Plan Committee and communication strategy, and set them up for success long-term.
- Workshops along with direct access to an ESOP expert to assist the ESOP Committee and employee shareholders as a whole to truly engage and participate in ownership.
- Exclusive access to the most recent and relevant data specifically from small and medium sized private Canadian companies that have an employee ownership program.
This engagement survey developed to measure the attributes that impact employee engagement. CORE4ESOP has been developed to assist ESOP companies to measure engagement within the ESOP context and provides an overview of employee perception of performance. With these perceptions clearly mapped out, issues or gaps are apparent and action plans can be designed to bridge those gaps to create a sustainable ESOP that consistently meets its objectives.
CORE4ESOP is included in Stage 2 of the ESOP Transformation Model™️ and as part of ESOPlus® conducted at least annually. It is very versatile and customizable, meaning it can be used alone, work alongside a current engagement tool or work as a replacement employee engagement tool.
Templates, Guides and workbooks
ESOPlus® includes the following resources to help establish the Plan Committee as an ongoing initiative for communication and education of the Plan, and integrate the Plan into recruitment, onboarding and retention activities.
Setting up the Plan Committee (Workbook)
Job Description and Posting (Templates and Guides)
What is employee ownership infographic/video
Presentation Template and Successful Start Guide
Employee Owner Roadmap infographic/video
Communication Calendar Guide
The following workshop modules are designed to engage employee shareholders to start understanding what factors impact company success and the valuation of the business.
Ownership Thinking: Money Matters
Information from private Canadian companies that have an employee share ownership plan
Our annual survey is beginning in 2023. Members of ESOPlus® will be able to participate in the survey and access the results each year.
Information that is measured includes, but is not limited to, number of employees, growth in number of employees, turnover & retention, year of ESOP launch, number of employee owners, percentage offered to employees, ESOP ownership percentage, industry, allocation methods, share attributes, and share recycling.
Leave a Reply